Saturday, September 15, 2007

Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance

I was recently on Marvin's Word. It is one of the blogs that I regularly read and is linked to from this blog. He had a post showing Red Skelton's "Pledge of Allegiance." It was first introduced on the Red Skelton Show on January 14, 1969 and has since been twice read into the congressional record of The United States. Since its initial broadcast, it has received numerous awards.



I want to thank Marvin's Word for reintroducing me to this clip. I remember seeing it sometime in my past, but I cannot recall when. In the high school classes I teach, everyone stands but most do not recite the pledge. That bothers me. The liberals have made it possible for a person to live in this country and not require ANY respect or allegiance whatsoever to the country that is providing the opportunities to learn, earn, and obtain the things that they have and desire. I would love to give them a lecture about respect for the flag and our country, but I would be called on the carpet for not being tolerant and understanding. My belief is that if you cannot pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States, you need to leave and go back to whatever "hell hole" country you or your family came from.

To quote George C. Scott in the movie "Patton,"

Alright. Now you sons-a-bitches. You know how I feel.

No comments: