Sunday, December 17, 2006

Rocky Steps and Geno's

Texas Truth was in Philadelphia recently.

I visited my two favorite places while in the City of Brotherly Love; the Rocky Steps and Geno's Cheesesteaks.

I had never been to the steps before, and even though it was raining and cold, people were still walking and running up the steps as Sly Stallone did in his Rocky movies.

I know you want to ask two questions. The answer to both of your questions is YES:

1. I did run the steps and do a victorious jump when getting to the top.

2. I did eat a cheesesteak at Geno's.

The stature of Rocky was there, at the bottom of the steps and off to the side. I got Geno, Joey Vento's son, to give me a new supply of pens. I love giving them out to my conservative friends who supported Joey in his " Speak English When Ordering" policy that got so much press this past summer.




No comments: