Thursday, October 2, 2008

Blood, Sweat & Tears "Hi-De-Ho"

Another great band from my youth. Sit back, sing along if you must and enjoy!!



Hi De Ho
Hi De Hi
Gonna Get me
A piece of the sky
Gonna get me
Some of that Old Sweet Roll
I'm singin' Hi de hi de hi de hi de Hooooo

I've been down so low
Bottom looked like up
Once I thought that seconds saves
was enough to fill my cup
Now I offered all I got
And that ain't no way to live
Being taken by the ones who got
The least amount to give

Hi de ho
Hi de hi
I'm gonna get me a piece of the sky
Gonna get me some of that old sweet roll
I'm singing hi de hi de hi de hi de hooooo.



Once I met the devil
He was mighty slick
Tempted me with worldly goods
Said -you can have your pick-
But when he laid that paper on me
And he showed me where to sign
I said thank you very kindly
But I'm in too great a need of mine

Hi de ho
Hi de hi
I'm gonna get me a piece of the sky Lord knows
I'm gonna get me some of that old sweet roll
Singin' hi de hi de hi de hi de hooooo.
Hi de ho
Hi de hi
Gonna get me a piece of the sky
Gonna get me some of that old sweet roll
Singin' hi de hi de hi de hi de hoooo

2 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

Just another example of the tremendous amount of talent in the 60s and 70s music. This band demonstrated in just this one song about three different genres of music. David Clayton-Thomas could sing the blues with the best of them. Also note the horn influence of Chicago. Outstanding.

Texas Truth said...

Law and Order Teacher: I played trumpet in high school and college and LOVED any group that had trumpets.