Tuesday, October 7, 2008

John Wayne "America - Why I Love Her"

I have traveled around the world as an Army Brat and as a private citizen. I have seen how people in other countries live & suffer at the hands of an oppressive government.

The liberals who hate America should see the rest of the world first... before they spew their hatred. I'll tell you this... GOD MORE THAN SHED HIS GRACE ON AMERICA!

I challenge any and all liberals to show me a more blessed land than AMERICA! Don't bite the blessed hands that have fed you and protected you... think about it long and hard...

My father fought in three wars to defend this country and to guarantee the liberty and freedom for which this country is founded on to his descendants. I challenge anyone to walk up to be and bad-mouth my country. Things are libel to get very heated very quickly, I promise you.

America has the most diverse ethnic population in the world, We have no national religion, race, language, etc,. That what makes us so great. If we stand together nobody can defeat us, but if forces in this great land continue to divide us we will fall just as other great societies have in history!

Listen to the written words of John Mitchum as spoken by John Wayne. No one could have written it or said it better.





You ask me Why I Love Her?
Well, give me time and I'll explain.
Have you seen a Kansas sunset
Or an Arizona rain?
Have you drifted on a bayou
Down Louisiana way?
Have you watched a cold fog drifting
Over San Francisco Bay?
Have you heard a bobwhite calling
In the Carolina pines,

Or heard the bellow of a diesel
At the Appalachia mines?
Does the call of Niagara thrill you
When you hear her waters roar?
Do you look with awe and wonder
At her Massachusetts shore,
Where men who braved a hard new world
First stepped on Plymouth's rock?
And do you think of them when you stroll
Along a New York City dock?
Have you seen a snowflake drifting
In the Rockies, way up high?

Have you seen the sun come blazing down
From a bright Nevada sky?
Do you hail to the Columbia
As she rushes to the sea,
Or bow your head at Gettysburg
At our struggle to be free?
Have you seen the mighty Tetons?
Have you watched an eagle soar?
Have you seen the Mississippi
Roll along Missouri's shore?

Have you felt a chill at Michigan
When on a winter's day
Her waters rage along the shore
In thunderous display?
Does the word "Aloha" make you warm?
Do you stare in disbelief
When you see the surf
Come roaring in at Waimea Reef?
From Alaska's cold to the Everglades,

From the Rio Grande to Maine,
My heart cries out, my pulse runs fast
At the might of her domain.
You ask me Why I Love Her?
I've a million reasons why:
My Beautiful America,
Beneath God's wide, wide sky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This gives me patriotic chills. They don't make 'em like the Duke anymore and I sure miss him.

Thanks for sharing this during a time when candidates use patriotism as a political prop.

Texas Truth said...

nunoftheabove: Everytime I see this it brings chills to my spine and tears to my eyes. I get the reverse when I see and hear liberal democrats using a piece like this to further their unholy goals.