Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Movies John Wayne Died In

John Wayne's birthday is coming up on May 26, and I will do a LARGE post on that day. Until then, I am going to answer the one question that all TRUE John Wayne fans what to know.

How many films did The Duke die in?

Well, here we go:

John Wayne died in 8 films for definite, and a further two, depending on how you want to look at it.

Central Airport (1935)

Reap the Wild Wind (1942)

The Fighting Seabees (1944)

Wake of the Red Witch (1948)

The Sands of Iwo Jima (1949)

The Alamo (1960)

The Cowboys (1972)

The Shootist (1976)

He was already dead at the start of
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962), and most of the film is a flashback to when he was alive. It is just stated that he died, but there is no actual death scene.

In
The Sea Chase (1955), it is left to the audience to decide whether or not he died. The romantic among us like to think that he and Lana Turner were able to escape from the sinking ship at the end of the film, but it is not made clear.

"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." - John Wayne, playing John Bernard Books in his final movie, "The Shootist".

No comments: