Saturday, May 9, 2009

Star Trek: First Contact

I have always been a Star Trek fan. I stated watching in 1966 when it first came out and have watched every episode of every spin off and every movie.

When
Star Trek: The Next Generation came out, I was dubious. I did not like the idea that someone was continuing the series.

I soon found out "The Next Generation" was a well done show and added to the original series. When the movies came out, naturally I watched.

The absolute best show (movie) of any in the Star Trek series was
First Contact. Below is a clip from the first warp drive engine flight. I love the way Zefram Cochrane blasts "Steppenwolf's "Magic Carpet Ride" as he is blasting off.

The rock and roll of my youth (60s and 70s) will last forever. Now sit back and enjoy.

"So you're all astronauts on some sort of... star trek?" - Zefram Cochrane



No comments: