Saturday, December 26, 2009

Mt. Mayon Volcano Getting Ready to Erupt!

I did not know that a volcano was getting ready to erupt until I checked my news feeds this morning.

This is video shot of Mt. Mayon in The Philippines, on December 25, 2009 (yesterday) from along the national road near Busay Bridge, Municipality of Daraga, Province of Albay, Republic of the Philippines. I found it on YouTube.

One of the things I wish to do before I die is to see volcano eruption live.


"Mayon volcano is still in a high state of unrest and in the coming days it could still have an explosive eruption," he warned in a radio interview. The number of (volcanic) quakes have lessened but now the quakes are of a different variety. What is becoming clear is that it (the volcano) is getting clogged. That is when the lava is rising but cannot get out." - Ed Laguerta, head of the Philippines government's volcanology team monitoring Mayon.






No comments: