Monday, June 25, 2007

"Bong Hits 4 Jesus" Slapped Down By U.S. Supreme Court

The Supreme Court ruled against a former high school student Monday in the "Bong Hits 4 Jesus" banner case.

The justices' came to a split decision that limits students' free speech rights.

I had posted to this blog about this specific incident on March 19.

It is good to see the Supreme Count uphold the school's decision in that matter.

The student who displayed the sign was acting like a little jerk when he did and and tried to milk it by going to court over it.

I am glad he got himself slapped down over it. I figured the school had the authority to act, but sometimes the school's right in such matters are often overlooked in the guise of "political correctness" and "permissiveness."

Kudos to the Supreme Court for their 5-3 decision. I will post which justices rules in which way as soon as I can research it.

No comments: