Monday, December 29, 2008

Smokey and the Bandit: Then and Now

As many of my readers know, I am a fan of old movies. I was sitting up the past Sunday night/Monday morning watching television and came across "Smokey and the Bandit" on the SLUETH channel. My Lovely Bride and I always watch it; partially to enjoy it again and also to look for things we had not noticed previously.

After some searching in the Internet, I found a web site that shows many of the scenes as they appeared in the movies and the same locations now.

Some have changed and some have not, but it is interesting to see how places change and how they remain the same.

Click here for the web site.

Enjoy the web site. It is a great trip back to 1977.


"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry." - Sheriff Buford T. Justice as played by Jackie Gleason in the movie "Smokey and the Bandit".

No comments: