Monday, November 24, 2008

Patton - Victory Banquet

I always liked this part of the movie "Patton."

If more intelligent minds in our government had listened to Patton, perhaps we would not have the world in such a state today.

Translator: Excuse me, sir. General Capcoc would like to know whether you will join him to drink to the surrender of Germany?
Patton: My compliements to the general. Please inform him that I do not care to drink with him or any other Russian son of a bitch.
Translator: [Nervous] Sir, I, I cannot tell the general that.
Patton: You tell him that. Tell him word for word.
Translator: [In Russian] He says he does not care to drink with you or any other Russian son of a bitch.
Russian general: [In Russian] Tell him he is a son of a bitch, too. Now!
Translator: [Very nervous] The General says he thinks that you are a son of a bitch, too.
Patton: [Laughing] Okay. I'll drink to that; one son of a bitch to another.


1 comment:

ivan washington said...

that was likely an invention or composition of director francis ford coppola.