Wednesday, April 29, 2009

REPOST: Another Great Memory From My Youth: The Wild Wild West

On Sunday, April 27, 2008, I posted a piece about one of my favorite shows growing up. It was the "The Wild Wild West". You Tube has since removed the original video clip, so I went out and found another. Below is the original post. Please enjoy this repost.

Here is another great memory from my youth. I looked forward to watching "Wild Wild West" every week. Robert Conrad WAS excellent in the role as James T. West and Ross Martin WAS Artemus Gordon.

The Will Smith-Kevin Klein version of "Wild Wild West" was a poor substitute.

Enjoy the opening clip below. It is the one where West punches the woman after the kiss. I always figured she deserved it. After all, if she messed with James West, she got what she deserved.

I thought that was the best part of the intro. The studios could not get away with that in this day and age.

Well, sit back and enjoy this opening intro. It brings back even more happy memories from my youth.






No comments: