Sunday, March 2, 2008

Bill, Chelsea Stump For Hillary in Houston

Bill Clinton and daughter Chelsea stumped for Hillary Sunday morning at Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church in Houston.

Pastor Joel Osteen introduced them from the pulpit to cheers from the crowd gathered in the former basketball arena. Neither Clinton addressed the congregation.

Osteen said Lakewood members have prayed for the former president and his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, who is in the middle of a bruising battle to capture Texas votes in Tuesday's primary in her bid to win the Democratic presidential nomination.

"We just appreciate you serving the country," Osteen said.

He said leaders at the mega-church don't tell members whom they should vote for, saying there were many fine candidates. But he encouraged the crowd to vote.

The Hillary camp continues to "pimp out" Bill and Chelsea although they have made it clear they do not like that moniker and do not view it that way.

However, what else would you call it? Hillary is getting desperate and with the Lakewood Church service going out to millions around the world, it makes it look like Osteen and his "church" are endorsing Hillary, even if he didn't specifically say so.

The Clinton's are masters of media spin. They know a good photo op when they see it. Look to the right (below) at the picture that was posted at the top of the Houston Chronicle's article on the event.


I have always be anti-Clinton and they devious ways of doing business. In addition, I have always be sceptical of Joel Osteen and his "church." This even solidifies in my mind the lengths these two (Clinton and Osteen) will go to influence the masses and get their point across.

I wonder if Osteen would welcome John McCain to his "church" and photographs taken of the event. I cannot answer that question with certainty, but I do have my doubts.

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves." - Matthew 7:15

4 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

I posted on my thought process in deciding to vote for McCain. I would value your opinion.

Texas Truth said...

Law and Order Teacher: I will check it out and post my thoughs as soon as I can.

Anonymous said...

I'm really disappointed at the fact that politicians are being invited to churches to speak. It's not like it's their home church. It's one thing to visit because you want to worship and quite another when you make it a media stunt to attract more votes. I'm a fan of Joel and his wife and I even link to their site. I watch their show on TV because sometimes I get more from his show than I do other scenarios. WOW, I hope they do invite John McCain to their service.

Texas Truth said...

Domestic Divapalooza: I would like to see Osteen invite McCain to Lakewood Church. I think if he did attend one of Joel's services, it would be for the message he was receiving, not for the message he would be sending out to potential voters.