Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Super Tuesday for Texas

Texas Truth left school as soon as my final class was dismissed to go to vote. My usual voting location was moved, but the new location was about the same distance from my house as the old location, so it was not a big deal.

I did, for a moment, consider voting in the Democratic Primary for Hillary Clinton. Rush Limbaugh has been a strong voice of Republicans crossing over to vote for Hillary in order to help John McCain in the general election.

After some thought, I could not do it. I have vote Republican in every election in my life except twice. Once I voted for a friend who was running for a local office as a Libertarian and another time I voted for a friend's father who was also running for a local office as a Democrat. In every other election, I have voted Republican.

(Note: In both cases that I did not vote Republican, they both lost.)

This evening I am going back to the election site for the local Republican neighborhood convention. I attended the local convention in 2000 and 2004 and was selected to go to the county convention later this spring. I never have an aspirations to go to the Texas State Republican Convention, but the local convention is fun.

I will post more about how the primary is going here in Texas and how my local convention goes this evening.

"When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President; I'm beginning to believe it." - Clarence Darrow

6 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

I look forward to hearing of your adventures. Texas politics certainly are very interesting. I envy you insider status.

Texas Truth said...

Law and Order Teacher: We are in the middle of TAKS (state mandated) testing until next Tuesday. I will publish my thoughts and observations as soon as I get some time. This testing is kicking every teahcer's butt.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

We're doing our big testing now...
It bloweth big time...

Law and Order Teacher said...

Thanks for your thoughts. I value your opinion. Now we have to work and blog to help McCain. The alternative is frightening.

Also, our Ohio Graduation Tests (all students must pass to graduate) are M-F, March 10-14. My biggest problem is that I didn't have this many security measures in a Top Secret facility in the military. Slight overkill I would say.

Texas Truth said...

The Vegas Art Guy: We have one more day (Monday). Then we are done for a while. We pick up again wtih 3 days in April and 3 days in May.

Texas Truth said...

Law and Order Teacher: I will do whatever I can to get McCain elected. Any alternative is frightening.

The security for the TAKS test is crazy. I have been to three Olympic Games and saw less security.