Saturday, March 8, 2008

Diane Kruger in "Troy"

I am sitting here in my Lazy Boy chair, surfing the net and watching television. I have been waiting for a few days for the movie "Troy" on AMC. I have never seen it all the way through. It is not that I am a Brad Pitt fan but somehow I have taken a liking to this movie. It could very easily make my Top 10 movie list.

One of the things that makes me like it is the actress playing Helen. Helen is played by German born actress
Diane Kruger. I think she is one of the most beautiful women in movies (at this time). She also played Abigail Chase in "National Treasure."

I will never forget her appearance in "National Treasure" when she walked into the ceremony in a black evening gown. All I could say at the time was WOW.


Even though "Troy" came out before "National Treasure", I saw "National Treasure" first. In "Troy'" I understand she had to gain a bit of weight for the role. She looked so beautiful and voluptuous in that movie.

Now you asked, "Why is Texas Truth going on about some movie actress? What does he or anyone for that matter care?

My point is in both movies she does not look trashy. She does not look like a slut. She does not show any nudity (except for a moment when she is getting out of bed and the side of one of her breasts is visible).

My point is women CAN look appealing WITHOUT looking trashy. They CAN look beautiful WITHOUT being anorexic.

My point is that what is left to one's imagination CAN be so much appealing WITHOUT letting it "flop out" all over the screen.

(I guess another reason that I like her as an actress is that I always had a weakness for blondes. After all, I was lucky enough to marry the most beautiful blonde in the world.)

I will close now and enjoy the rest of the movie. Take care and have a good evening.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius (China's most famous teacher, philosopher, and political theorist, 551-479 BC)

4 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

I like that movie a lot. I have it on DVD. It is among my repeat viewing movies. I just watched The Quiet Man as a matter of fact and enjoyed the heck out of it. I then watched "Tombstone." Its another of my multiple view movies much to my wife's chagrin. After shoveling snow up to my butt today, I felt I owed it to myself. I had a guy night. It was fun.

Texas Truth said...

Law and Order Teacher: It seems we have similar tastes in movies. I also like "The Quite Man" and I have viewed "Tombstone" numerous times. What do you think of "Wyatt Earp" with Kevin Costner? I love that movie and my wife hates it.

Oh well, there are some movies she loves that I hate (ie: The Devil Wore Prada).

I am glad you had a "Guy Night." I can only imagine shoveling "butt deep" snow. You deserved the night.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

Troy is a very underrated movie. It got panned and did not do well but it was a very enjoyable movie to watch. I'm not the biggest Brad Pitt fan either but he put on a great movie and you could just see the rage rippling under the surface barely held in check.

Texas Truth said...

The Vegas Art Guy: I am going to buy the DVD. I want to see what extra features are on it.