Thursday, March 27, 2008

The National Anthem by The Cactus Cuties

I was over at one of my fellow and favorite bloggers, Law and Order Teacher , this evening. He had a post about five young ladies, known as the Cactus Cuties, and their rendition of the National Anthem. He found it on Right on the Left Coast blog. I want to first thank both of them for calling to my attention these fine young ladies and their talent.

This is a video of the
Cactus Cuties. They are very talented young ladies ranging in age from 8 to 13 singing The Star Spangled Banner. The performance was at the Texas Tech vs Texas basketball game January 20, 2008 in front of over 11,000 people. The Cuties are Andi, Baylee, Blaire, Madeline and Tatum. The group is named for the Cactus Theater in Lubbock, Texas and are coached by Cami Caldwell.

Listen to the clip below. This has to be one of the best performances of the National Anthem I have ever heard. When I heard it, tears came to my eyes. It is beautiful. As I said, listen and see if you do not agree.





“Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

TT,
Thanks for the visit.

Bag Blog said...

Big voices, big talent - just awesome!

Texas Truth said...

Law and Order Teacher: No problem.

Texas Truth said...

Bag Blog: They are awesome. They have a bright future.

Texas Truth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.