Monday, January 19, 2009

Houston's Martin Luther King Day Parade

Today, I was in Houston for a short trip and found out the Martin Luther King Day Parade was on tap. It began in front of Minute Maid Park (Home of the Houston Astros). I was downtown to shoot some pictures of the baseball park and stumbled upon the parade.

Since I was already there, I walked around and took some pictures. I was amazed at all the people wearing Barack HUSSEIN Obama (aka Little Barry Soetoro) shirts. Below is a selection of the photos. It was so easy getting the shots. I just pointed the camera in their direction and they posed.

The funny thing is that I cannot remember that many people wearing Ronald Reagan, George H. W. Bush, George W. Bush, or even Bill Clinton shirts when THEY were elected POTUS.

I will let the photos stand without comment on their own merit. However, when I think a comment is appropriate, I had added one.

I will also post more photos later in the week as I downlaod more of them.

"One Look is Worth A Thousand Words." - phrase stems from an article by Fred R. Barnard in the advertising trade journal Printers' Ink, promoting the use of images in advertisements that appeared on the sides of streetcars. The December 8, 1921 issue carries an ad entitled, "One Look is Worth A Thousand Words."















This guy MUST be an entrepreneur, as he was making money off the President-Elect.

















These gentlemen had set up a booth to sell all sorts of Barack HUSSEIN Obama memorabilia. They were doing a brisk business.
































4 comments:

Average American said...

I'm waiting for the NObama dart boards to go on sale, and maybe a doormat too.

Texas Truth said...

Average American: How about some Obama toliet paper?"

Average American said...

and a toilet seat cover.

Texas Truth said...

Average American: How about some urinal cakes to put in the urinals and toilets?