Friday, January 2, 2009

Houston Chronicle's Take On Roger Clemens

In an article published in yesterday's (January 1, 2009 @ 10:22 pm) Houston Chronicle sports writer Richard Justice comments on all the harsh treatment former pitcher Roger Clemens has been getting recently.

He alludes that Clemens could repair this public image and get back in the good graces with the public if he comes clean on his "problems. he also states that perhaps all the negative happening coming down on "The Rocket" may be undeserved and over the top.

I for one, and I do suspect many others feel the same way, think he is getting exactly what he deserves.

If he had fessed up and faced the music, the public would have been a great deal kinder and more positive in their views of him. People love to forget and welcome somebody who has strayed back into the fold.

Clemens ruined that chance when he took his "holier that thou" stance and alienated the public. People LOVE to forgive a repentant soul and DESPISE a person who is truculent towards those whom admire him.

Clemens is getting what he deserves. As My Lovely Bride always says; "Pride goith before a fall." Perhaps The Rocket should have thought about that before all this started.

And there is the “issues” with and about Mindy McCready. You can bet that Pandora’s Box has yet to open fully.

"I'm angry that that what I've done for the game of baseball and the personal, in my private life, what I've done, that I don't get the benefit of the doubt. The stuff that's being said, it's ridiculous. It's hogwash for people to even assume this." - Roger Clemens

2 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

The Rocket cooked his own goose. My dad always told me the lie is worse than the deed. You're right. Americans will forgive almost anything, but lying, except in the case of Clinton. Both are rotten A** liars. They both got what's coming to them.

Texas Truth said...

Law and Order Teacher: I would LOVE to see them both go down but I will not hold my breath.