Saturday, January 3, 2009

Toby Keith: "As Good As I Once Was"


This video really expresses how I feel at the ripe old age of 54. I never did get in bar fights, but I was known to howl at the moon back in my younger day at the University of Texas and I did engage in some minor Hell-raising.

The main theme of this video is that when you get older, you cannot do the things one once did. I am finding that out everyday. I sometimes do too much physically and I pay for it for the next few days.

I am getting older and because of that, I must realize I cannot do all the things I could years ago. I am working on that, but sometimes pride pushes me on.

At least I didn't get the shit kicked out of me like Toby Keith does in this video. That is something I NEVER wanted to do, no matter how old or young I was.

"I ain't as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was" - Toby Keith

No comments: