Sunday, April 27, 2008

Another Great Memory From My Youth: Wild Wild West

Here is another great memory from my youth. I looked forward to watching "Wild Wild West" every week. Robert Conrad was excellent in the role as James T. West and Ross Martin WAS Artemus Gordon.

The Will Smith-Kevin Klein version of "Wild Wild West" was a poor substitute.

Enjoy the opening clip below. It is the one where West punches the woman after the kiss. I always figured she deserved it. After all, if she messed with James West, she got what she deserved.

I thought that was the best part of the intro. The studios could not get away with that in this day and age.

Well, sit back and enjoy this opening intro. It brings back even more happy memories from my youth.



"It was just so elaborate and so luxurious. We had every gadget imaginable. You know, I had the little gun that came out, and I had the little gun in the heel of the shoe." - Robert Conrad

2 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

I watched this show too. I liked the cool aspect of it. It seems that shows of our youth were mostly about being cool. I always wanted to be cool. I thought I was because I was a jock. Maybe we were, maybe we weren't.

Texas Truth said...

Law and Order Teacher: Yes, being cool wa sinportant. rememebr the coolest gut in the movies??? Steve McQueen. I have posted the Bullet chase scene previously on this blog. Check it out if you get a chance.