Tuesday, April 29, 2008

John Wayne in True Grit, Then and Now, Extended Video

I found the following video on YouTube. It is a "Then and Now" montage of "True Grit" staring the greatest actor (in my opinion) of American cinema, John Wayne. It was posted by a woman listed as JeepsterGal. She did and excellent job on this video and it is the absolute best video on YouTube.

I have been a John Wayne fan since my youth and will continue until my death. The Duke was what every boy in my youth wanted to grow to be.

As I have stated in previous posts, he reminds me so much of my father. We sure could use a man like him in the USA right now.

Sit back and enjoy the new, updated version of the video. It did bring a tear to my eye. I will post my quote after the video. It makes me smile every time I hear it.

PS: Yes....the quote is in the video.



[Rooster confronts the four outlaws across the field]
Ned Pepper: What's your intention? Do you think one on four is a dogfall?
Rooster Cogburn: I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned. Or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which'll it be?
Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.
Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.

6 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

I loved it. It was great how the final scene resembled the jousts of medevial days. Wayne was a master at playing Rooster type characters. A little eccentric, but steadfast and rock solid in their principles and not to be trifled with. I miss him and his movies. I use my collection of Wayne movies every Friday night as I rest from the week with a good movie and some adult beverages. What a reward. Thanks for the post.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

The duke rocks. Plain and simple. My favorite movie of his is Rio Bravo.

Or maybe The Shootist

Or maybe Stagecoach

Oh, never mind...

lol

Texas Truth said...

Law and Order Teacher: There was noone like Th eDuke. There will never be anyone like him again.

Texas Truth said...

The Vegas Art Guy: I know what you mean. There never was a bad John Wayne movie.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

The Sons of Katie Elder was on A&E last week but I had to much work to do to watch it. I need to start a John Wayne movie collection I think...

Texas Truth said...

The Vegas Art Guy: The Sons of Katie Elder is classic Wayne. I loved the part where Wayne hits George Kennedy in the face with the ax handle. A got "come-upping" for a bad guy.