Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I Dream of Jeannie

This is a mini-clip of the first episode of "I Dream of Jeannie." This is another great television show of my youth that can NEVER be reproduced.

Look at 2:12 to 2:18 of the clip. In my mind, and I bet many of the males out there, there is nothing sexier than a woman in a man's Arrow dress shirt. Do women know how sexy that is? I KNOW THEY DO!!!!!

Jeannie putting on his shirt and posing in the door remains one of the hottest moment in television history. Yet the censors would not let Barbara Eden show her navel. Figure that one out!

At 1:03, Jeannie says something in Farsi. Translated, I believe she said "You have the face of a wise and handsome caliph ('halifaz')"....in some prints, including the unaired version of the pilot, virtually everything she said in Farsi was translated in on-screen subtitles, 'Kalisabby'...

The Internet is great for finding out interesting, little known facts.

Enjoy the clip.


"Out of all the actors I have worked with, I love working with Larry Hagman the most. We were very close and it was just a wonderful time." - Barbara Eden

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet the censors would not let Barbara Eden show her navel.

Censors didn't know that the imagination is much sexier in many cases than the reality.

And as far as the men's shirt, that just doesn't work in reverse does it? I can't think of too many guys other than Joe Namath that have looked sexy in women's attire:)

Texas Truth said...

nunoftheabove: As far as the censors; ignorance is indeed bliss.