Monday, July 21, 2008

Marion Jones Asks President Bush for Pardon

Disgraced U.S. sprinter Marion Jones has asked President George W. Bush to commute her six-month prison sentence for lying to prosecutors about her steroid use, a Justice Department spokesman said on Monday.

You can read the story
here.

I remember following Jones' career in track. She was wonderful (at least I thought). When the allegations came out about her drug usage and her connection to BALCO, my opinion of her went south.

President Bush: DO NOT PARDON HER!


She needs to serve her time and pay her FULL debt to society. She (among others) is one of the reasons sports are losing their glitter.

"I'm for a drug-free sport and always will be." - Marion Jones

2 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

I like your new color scheme. Easy to read. As for Jones, good call. You would love it if someone had the courage to stand-up and admit wrongdoing. After being cut off at every turn most then make a tearful admission. I'm with you forget it. Go to jail, do not pass go, and do not collect $200.

Texas Truth said...

Law and Order Teacher: Thanks for the comment on the new color scheme. I have been looking at some new things. I wish I could figure out a way to get a better top banner but I have been unable to find anything.

There are many different FREE templates out there but I cannot fine anything useable.

As far as Marion Jones: she needs to do her time and fade into the shadows. She is an embarrassment to the sport.