Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Buffalo Sabres and Pittsburg Penguins Ready to Drop Puck in Outdoor Winter Classic

More than 73,000 fans are expected to cram Ralph Wilson Stadium on Tuesday to witness history as the hometown Buffalo Sabres will face off against the Pittsburgh Penguins in the NHL Winter Classic. It will be the second regular-season outdoor game and first in the United States.

With bitter temperatures and a steady snowfall many of the players and fans alike will get a reminder of what it was like growing up and playing on frozen ponds and lakes alike.

While there is the novelty of playing outdoors both teams will be sure to remember that it is a regular-season match-up and with the Penguins standing at 20-16-2 (42 points.) and the Sabres at 19-16-2 (40 points.) and the Eastern Conference sporting nine teams with 40-45 points the outcome is still important.

I was flipping from channels from bowl game to bowl game and came across this on NBC. I just have to watch. This is a GREAT event. I LOVE IT!!!!

I am not into hockey, but I do attend an occasional Houston Aeros game when I am in Houston. This is just too good to pass up. Life is a journey, and since I cannot be there to witness this event firsthand, I will view it on television.

By the way....GO PENGUINS!!!!

No comments: