Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Katie Couric Shows Her True Self

When Katie Couric took the anchor chair on the CBS Evening News, I knew that she was not a serious journalist. The post I wrote on December 6, 2007 can be read here.

Now it comes to past the proof that Couric is not a serious journalist.



From MyDamnChannel.com comes a gem: Katie Couric yukking it up with CBS News production staff off-the-air on primary election night in New Hampshire. You can view it below.





Some of the facts that come out:
1) Couric admitting she doesn't know much about Huckabee
2) Couric talking about how she thinks she creeped out Cindy McCain because she couldn't stop staring at her eyes.
3) She is heard to say "I'm always like oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit"
4) "Give me one interesting exit poll, please!"
5) "Oh shit, I have seven seconds. [shrieks]"

You can't expect Couric to keep her persona perfect every simple moment she is off-air. However she should know that being a public figure, her appearance and demeanor are a reflection of her job, career, and employer.


It's the second time since her stay at CBS that such off-air video has made it to the Internet. The first time, she was mocking predecessor Dan Rather.

How can one trust her to deliver the news if she acts like that. But I expect no less from Couric. She is a middle age face who thinks she is so much more than she really is.

I have to admit, I do watch her broadcast occasionally. It is interesting to see her present the news. No wonder CBS trails all other major network news programs.

I will stick with Fox News, as I always have.

No comments: