Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Humor of Ronald Reagan

Below is a montage of President Ronald Reagan at his comedic best. He could turn a dig at him into a positive spin and have people laughing. He never let a chance go by to win over someone by his humor. Never dirty, never profane; just good clean humor presented with the timing of an expert.

We were and are very fortunate to have had him lead our great country for eight years. His influence on our country remains to this day.

"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting." - Ronald Reagan

2 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

Outstanding post. I too, loved Reagan. I had to the opportunity to shake his hand twice in 80 and 84 while he was campaigning in my city. As a police officer I was able to speak with him while I worked security. The Secret Service told us where to stand and we were able to talk with him and shake his hand. That was a thrill and still is to this day.

Texas Truth said...

Law and Order Teacher: That is a nice piece of family history that you should (and I know you will) pass down to your children and grandchildren. Thanks for a great story and congrats on the meeting