Monday, June 2, 2008

Condoleezza Rice Enlists in KISS Army

The KISS Army fan club has an enthusiastic new recruit: U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

In a departure from her normally staid diplomatic duties, Rice met the legendary glam rock quartet when they happened to share a hotel in the Swedish capital. Rice was in Stockholm on Thursday for an international conference on Iraq. KISS had a sold-out gig to play this past Friday.

"I was thrilled," Rice said of her late-night encounter with frontman Gene Simmons and bandmates Paul Stanley, Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer in the executive lounge of the Sheraton Hotel where they signed autographs and handed out backstage passes and T-shirts to her staff.

I knew I liked Condi, but this just maked me love her even more. Rock on Condi...You and Gene Simmons are the best.

"I want to rock and roll all night, and party every day" - KISS


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

TT,

I was never a "Kiss" fan, but was always amazed by their charisma. When Gene Simmons started his reality show, I found him to be truly entertaining beyond the makeup. This is an great story of the convergence of dynamically different forces.

Texas Truth said...

nunoftheabove: I think his television show is great entertainment. He is more af a conservative than many think.

W.R. Chandler said...

OK Paul - I think it's time to lay off the plastic surgery. Either that, or its time to paint the star back over one eye again!

Texas Truth said...

Chanman: I agree. He kind of looks "tight and pulled" similar to how Phyliss Diller and Joan Rivers used to look.