Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Elvis: A Little More Understanding

Ever since the television show "Las Vegas" came out, I have been intrigued by this song. I did some research to find out more about it. I read somewhere on the Internet that song wasn't so popular when it was released.

"A Little Less Conversation" is the song originally recorded by Elvis for the movie "Live a Little, Love a Little" in 1968. It was released by RCA Victor as a single, but the release was only a moderate success, indicative of the diminishing returns Elvis' movie recordings were exhibiting at the time.

This is the original version and I cannot find any videos of Elvis preforming it. It is a bit different than the "Las Vegas" them song but it was more reminiscent of Elvis.

Don't get me wrong, the theme song is pretty good, but the original is pure Elvis.

"Without Elvis none of us could have made it." - Buddy Holly



No comments: