Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Gene Simmons, KISS and Views of the World

I never really go to know anything about Gene Simmons and KISS until his show "Gene Simmons Family Jewels" came on television. I have watched the show and really like this guy.

I have posted some information about him from various sources below. Read and enjoy. After the information, I have posted a video with KISS preforming their most famous song.
Enjoy!!!

On Middle Eastern Muslim Terrorists:

In 2004, during an interview in Melbourne, Australia, Simmons described Islam as a "vile culture" wherein women had fewer rights than dogs. He described Islam as a threat, claiming that they wanted to leave the Middle East and supplant non-Muslims in other parts of the world by force. The Muslim community took offense, with Australian Muslim of the year Susan Carland asserting that Simmons' stereotyping of Muslims was inaccurate and that she never walked behind her husband as Simmons stated all Muslim women were required to do. He later said on his website that he was talking specifically about extremist Muslims.

On Drugs:

In his autobiography Kiss and Makeup, said that his mother is primarily the reason why he has never used drugs. He decided years ago that she'd already been through enough having survived the horrors of the Holocaust, and he didn't want to break her heart by becoming a drug addict.

On Politics:

Simmons, in terms of political views, describes himself as neither Democrat nor Republican, but voting based on the issues. While he supports a woman's right to abortion, the environment and church/state separation, he supported Bush in 2004 because he agreed with Bush's foreign policy stands.

More On Politics:

I believe that most people are like me, which is why sometimes Republicans get in and sometimes Democrats. Very few people are either like Hannity or Sean Penn. Most people are centrists, and by the way, I get along with Hannity just fine. On political issues, foreign policy specifically, O'Reilly and I get along just fine—we agree on foreign policy. I think the war's been handled poorly, but there's no choice. You gotta get there. The Second World War was handled terribly until D-day.

In terms of this Republican administration, some views about stem cell research, gay rights, separation of church and state, and on and on—I don't agree with any of them. But you can worry about the trees and the environment and gas emissions later. Right now there's a bigger problem, and it's a guy who doesn't care if you're a Republican or a Democrat; he wants to blow himself up and take you out. That's the problem. I think racially profiling anybody from the Middle East ... the Swiss have been good this year, and as an Israeli, I want you to look at me first. I want you to search my anal cavity and look at my tax records. I want you to look at me first, and then at every guy named Muhammad.

I may not agree with all his beliefs, but his are closer to mine than many others out there.

"You know why I'm pulling your leg? Because I can't touch it from where I am." - Gene Simmons









2 comments:

W.R. Chandler said...

Many people don't know that Gene Simmons is an Israeli.

He has always struck me as a very articulate and intelligent guy. Not very common among rock stars.

Texas Truth said...

chanamn; Yes, not many do. I have seem a clip of Gene Simmons on a talk show (Mike Douglas) year ago. It will see if I can find it. It had a funny comment by an accress. I think it was Dody Fields. I will post it. You will find it humorous.