Friday, February 8, 2008

A Belated Birthday Wish to Ronald Reagan (Thanks to Buckhorn Road)

As I sit here in my overstuffed chair, recovering from the flu and watching Die Hard 2 on television, I am trying to catch up on my blog reading.

Being ill the past three days has taken its toll on me and some things have gotten under my radar. The time spent home has made me think about a great deal of things. I will post about what came to my mind in future posts, but for now, I must rectify a lapse in my posts for which I am sorely sorry.

As I was reading some of my fellow bloggers, I came across a post of one of my favorite fellow education bloggers. He blogs as
Chanman and his blog is Buckhorn Road. I recommend his blog to everyone. He has a very unique way of expressing his opinions and is outlook and posts on various subjects are exceptional.


I feel he is a kindred sprint in the blogosphere. Being a fellow educator, I think we feel alike on many things and if we every had the chance to meet, would become fast friends and possible share a six pack while telling war stories about our time in education.

Anyway, back to my current post. I wish to thank Chanman for reminding be of a birthday that occurred this week

This past Wednesday was President Ronald Reagan’s birthday. He would have been 97 years old.

I feel he was the best President of the 20th century, if not of the entire history of the United States. When he died, I cried. Yes, I admit it, I cried. Not as much as when my mother and father passed, but it did stir emotions in me.

Reagan made this country great again. He “toed the line” with the Russians and dared them to act. He made the United States again a power to be feared and respected. Heck, even my Democratic father-in-law voted for him.

We need another Reagan NOW!!!

Not a Clinton, not a Obama, and not a McCain. We need some who actually was a foot soldier in the Reagan Army, not someone who claims to be.

I want to again thank Chanman for reminding me of Reagan’s birthday.

We should never forget the birthdays of the truly great Americans. By remembering their values, beliefs, and all the good they did for our country, their memory will never die.

Happy "Belated" Birthday Mr. President.

2 comments:

W.R. Chandler said...

Oh please! You're too kind! You can't be telling people about my blog - word will get out, the server will crash, total mayhem will occur! ;)

Thanks for the plug.

Texas Truth said...

Chanman: My pleasure. Keep up your execllent posts.