Saturday, February 9, 2008

The March of Cambreadth

I found this video in a round about way and think it is great. It was originally posted on YouTube by a person posting as moombean51287.

Listen to the lyics and sing along. The song is by
Heather Alexander and is titled “The March of Cambreadth.” I am going to have to check out more of this Celtic music.

This song, its lyrics, and the video are top notch. This song would make a great battle hymn for the War on Terror.

Imagine the "low life terrorists" in Iraq and Afghanistan hearing this song as an M1 Abrams or Humvees, armored with weapons to bear, rolled towards them. They would crap in their robes.




Axes flash, broadsword swing,
Shining armour's piercing ring
Horses run with a polished shield,
Fight Those Bastards till They Yield
Midnight mare and blood red roan,
Fight to Keep this Land Your Own
Sound the horn and call the cry,
How Many of Them Can We Make Die!

Follow orders as you're told,
Make Their Yellow Blood Run Cold
Fight until you die or drop,
A Force Like Ours is Hard to Stop
Close your mind to stress and pain,
Fight till You're No Longer Sane
Let not one damn cur pass by,
How Many of Them Can We Make Die!

Guard your women and children well,
Send These Bastards Back to Hell
We'll teach them the ways of war,
They Won't Come Here Any More
Use your shield and use your head,
Fight till Every One is Dead
Raise the flag up to the sky,
How Many of Them Can We Make Die!

Dawn has broke, the time has come,
Move Your Feet to a Marching Drum
We'll win the war and pay the toll,
We'll Fight as One in Heart and Soul
Midnight mare and blood red roan,
Fight to Keep this Land Your Own
Sound the horn and call the cry,

How Many of Them Can We Make Die!
Axes flash, broadsword swing,
Shining armour's piercing ring
Horses run with polished shield,
Fight Those Bastards till They Yield
Midnight mare and blood red roan,
Fight to Keep this Land Your Own
Sound the horn and call the cry,
How Many of Them Can We Make Die!
How Many of Them Can We Make Die!
How Many of Them Can We Make Die
!

4 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

I have been away a long time due to family medical problems. I will post on my blog about them when I feel I can do it. This music was outstanding. I enjoyed it and I have read your blog while away and as usual enjoyed it. I feel we think the same way about a lot of things. Keep up the good work. I'm going to try to get back in the game what with the election and all. McCain needs to be elected. I know that may not be popular with my fellow conservatives, but the alternative is frightful. Hillary threatening garnishing of wages for health care should be enough of a frightening scenario. Ronald Reagan was the greatest president of the 20th century and the shrine in my classroom is evidence of my feelings. Thanks.

Texas Truth said...

Law and Order Teacher: Thanks for stopping by. I hope the family medical problems are better or at the least, not taking to much out of you.

I know about such problems. I lost both my parents 6 weeks apart back in 1988. Both had extensive medical problems. My 88 year-old mother-in-law resides with my wife and I and has severe problems.

Her medical problems do take a toll on both of us, but we take everything is stride and do not view it as a burden. In fact, we feel that taking care of her is our responsibility. Unless she becomes totally dependent, a nursing home is not an option. I know how difficult these times can be, but we will all endure.

As far as the music, since I found it, I cannot get it out of my mind. It is captivating.

On the McCain front, I WILL support him over Obama and/or Clinton. He is not my perfect pick but he is better than those two.

I feel the same way about Reagan. I have photos of him in my classroom, even thought I do not teach history. For my last birthday, my daughter bought me a copy of "The Reagan Diaries." It is on a nightstand by my bed and I try to read a few pages every couple of days. He was a remarkable man. We certainly could use his leadership, his forethought, and his experience now.

I am glad you are back. Take care and I hope everything gets better.

The Vegas Art Guy said...

oh, yea Celtic music rocks...
I'll be adding you to my blogroll as well...

Texas Truth said...

The Vegas Art Guy: Ever since I found this clip and heard the song, I cannot get it out of my ehad. I am going to find more Celtic music.