Sunday, February 24, 2008

Obama's Patriotism in Question (As It Should Be)

Questions have arisen in many people's mind about the patriotism of Obama Barack. This issue might come into play in the general election.

Obama has made it clear with his refusal to wear an American flag lapel pin along with a photo of him not putting his hand over his heart during the National Anthem that he does not view these acts as an indication of his lack of patriotism.

If this was a one-time thing, many could and would dismiss it. However, add this to the fact that his wife stated recently that she is really proud of her country for the first time in her adult life and question should come forward.

I, for one question his and her patriotism. I think others should also be questioning it. If this man will not show the proper respect for the flag then how can he be expected to be the Commander-in-Chief of the United States?

Even Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton show proper respect for the flag and the National Anthem by placing their hand over their heart.

I have a big problem with this. I was raised to this day to show proper respect for the flag or our country and the people who picked up a weapon and defended our country.

I hope more people view this same way I do. I hope more bloggers notice this and post on it. I hope the people, bloggers, and the media take him and his wife to task on this.

If he is elected President, he will be a terrible example of the USA and the leader of our country. I shutter to think what will happen if he gains the White House.

“If you can't get them to salute when they should salute and wear the clothes you tell them to wear, how are you going to get them to die for their country?” - General George S. Patton Jr.

No comments: