Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Obama's Somali Robe Flap

Much has been written about the robes that Barack Obama wore during a trip to Somalia a few years ago.

I have no affection for or any desire to see this man win the White House. In fact, I feel he would do so much damage to the country that we may never recover.

With that said, I feel the time is right to post my thoughts and opinions on this subject.

The man was acting out of respect for his guests. I see nothing wrong with what he did. I have travelled around the world and have found myself in situations where I had to conform to local customs.

Obama was doing what any polite person would do. I have seen may Heads of State and various important people do the same thing.

Most fingers are pointing in the direction of Hillary Clinton and her campaign for sending the photo to the "
Drudge Report" in an attempt to discredit Obama and his campaign.

Of course, she and her campaign staff is denying the accusation. But what if she is telling the truth.

What if Obama leaked the photo in an attempt to make HIS campaign look under attack.

I know that my proposal is far-fetched, but it is possible. This would be an excellent way to further drag down Hillary's campaign before the primaries in Texas and Ohio. Obama plays the victim and comes out smelling like a rose.

This is just some food for thought. I will keep abreast of this story and see where it goes.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell



4 comments:

Law and Order Teacher said...

I, too, saw nothing wrong with the photo. Obama should get an Oscar for his performances so far in his campaign. He's beginning to remind me of Forrest Gump in that too much stuff to make him look good is happening around him. Coincidences only go so far.

Texas Truth said...

Law and Order Teacher: Obama does seem to always come out smelling like a rose. Should we call that "The Forrest Gump Syndrome?" I still think that there is a chance that Obama himself had the photo releases (leaked).

Unknown said...

I would find nothing wrong with him wearing Somali prayter Robes, Politicians are often asked to wear local garb for teh amusement of their hosts, most politely coply and have some fun doing it. The problem with Obama doing so is simple, he refuses to wear a falg pin citing his faith as the reason it. "My faith forbids it" he said in a recent interview.

What kind of faith would prevent you from wearing a Lapel pin showing love for your country but doesn't forbid one from wearing Prayer robes from another faith altogether?

Texas Truth said...

Christopher: Thanks for joining the discussion. BHO ceratinly is a contradiction of facts, isn't he?